3D-PDR is a three-dimensional photodissociation region code written in Fortran. It uses the Sundials package (written in C) to solve the set of ordinary differential equations and it is the successor of UCL_PDR, a one-dimensional PDR code written at UCL. Using the HEALpix ray-tracing scheme, 3D-PDR solves a three-dimensional escape probability routine and evaluates the attenuation of the far-ultraviolet radiation in the PDR and the propagation of FIR/submm emission lines out of the PDR.
The code is parallelized (OpenMP) and can be applied to 1D and 3D problems. The GitHub package includes: the 3D-PDR code, three different chemical networks (33, 58, and 128 species) and molecular data, the Sundials solver, and a set of various 1D uniform density clouds and a uniform density spherical distribution to test the 3D version of the code. To `make' 3D-PDR, you will first need to install the Sundials package and link 3D-PDR with the ODE solver. Please see the manual for instructions on how to do this step-by-step.
3D-PDR works with the gfortran version 4.8.4 and the ifort version 14.0.4. Later compiler versions may require adjustments in the code.
You are free to download and use the code for your work provided that you will cite the paper by Bisbas T.G. et al., 2012, MNRAS, 427, 2100
Authors and Contributors
Main author: Thomas G. Bisbas (@tbisbas).
Contributors: Serena Viti, Michael J. Barlow, Jeremy Yates, Tom Bell.
The development of the code has been funded by STFC grants ST/H001794/1 and ST/J001511/1.
Published papers using 3D-PDR
A number of papers have been using 3D-PDR for studying Photodissociation Regions in 1D and 3D:
- Bisbas T.G., Tanaka, K.E.I., Tan, J.C. et al., (2017)
- Bisbas T.G., van Dishoeck E.W., Papadopoulos P.P. et al., (2017)
- Bothwell M.S., Aguirre J.E., Aravena M., et al., (2017)
- Accurso G., Saintoge A., Bisbas T.G. and Viti S., (2016)
- Facchini S., Clarke C. and Bisbas T.G. (2016)
- Bisbas T.G., Haworth T.J., Barlow M.J., et al., (2015)
- Bisbas T.G., Papadopoulos P.P. and Viti S., (2015)
- Gaches B.A.L., Offner S.S.R., Rosolowsky E.W. and Bisbas T.G., (2015)
- Offner S.S.R., Bisbas T.G., Bell T.A. and Viti S. (2014)
- Bisbas T.G., Bell T.A., Viti S., et al., (2014)
- Offner S.S.R., Bisbas T.G., Viti S. and Bell T.A. (2013)
Support or Contact
Included in the repository is a PDF manual. Any further questions can be directed to tbisbas at ufl.edu